Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rest in Peace, Prince


The holidays were a little rough this year. My grandfather passed away before Chirstmas and my parent's bird, Prince passed away after Christmas.

Prince was 23 years old; I got him for my 10th birthday. Even though I only lived at home for 8 years of his life, he still knew who I was and when I came home to visit, he was obviously happy to see me. Surprisingly he even liked my kids.


He alerted my mom every time someone drove down her lane. She called him her little watchbird. And heaven forbid we have a good conversation in the kitchen without him. He would chirp his comments right along with us. The more excited we got the louder he got.

I will miss him singing along as I play the piano and waking me up in the morning. The front window seems empty without him.

2 comments:

J.B. said...

That is rough. I'm sorry.

Kateka said...

What the crap. I thought that bird was like the energizer bunny, and would never ever quit.

That really makes me sad.

"Give us a kiss! Pretty bird! (Cat call)(Superman)!"