I am going to try this again. Hopefully our lives have settled down a bit, so I will be able to find time to post.
Just to get everyone on the same page. John finished school in May. We sold our house in Logan and moved in with my aunt Cheeryl in Herriman, UT the first of June. John worked for the Salt Lake Bees throughout the summer. In July John got a job at the new spring training facility for the Indians in Goodyear, AZ. We moved at the beginning of August to Phoenix.
So here we are cooking in the heat and thankful everyday for air conditioning. I feel like we have moved to a different planet. It is monsoon season right now, and the weather is quite spectacular and bizarre. We have fantastic lightning storms almost every evening. You can see them really well because there are no real trees (just glorified bushes). Last week we had a dust storm called a Haboob. Yes it is pronounced Ha-boob just like it is spelled. It is a wall of dust that moves across the valley. I found this video on YouTube if you want to check out what one looks like. Phoenix Haboob 2007.
John loves his job. He has to be there at 6 am. Amazingly he has adjusted well. Those of you who have ever lived with John will understand just how amazing this is. Overall I think we are adjusting. Kate misses Ella and I miss adult conversation, grass and trees, but we are meeting a few people and finding fun things to do.
Here are a few pictures from the summer. My cousin Makayla took them with her very nice camera and her super picture taking abilities. They are fantastic. If you want to see more of them here is the link.
http://stillblinking.smugmug.com/gallery/5628638_i2rxV#345855586_FYJB9

1 comment:
Hey I didn't know you have a blog! Your kids are just adorable. I love the pictures.
Post a Comment