Friday, November 6, 2009

Saving it for Later?

Last night at dinner Jonas kept showing me pieces of lettuce, holding up to his face and then saying, "nose."

"No Jonas, don't put lettuce in your nose!" I would respond.

This morning when I was changing his diaper I saw a bit of green in his nose. "That little monkey!" I thought. I tried to get him to blow it out, but it wouldn't come. I tried to dig it out, but that didn't work either. So, I decided to let it be and hopefully it would work itself out.

Later, while getting him dressed, I spied it again. I had him blow again. I could almost get it. A few more blows still didn't send it out though. Tweezers were necessary. "Hold still, Jonas. Don't even blink!"

This is what I pulled out.


"Are you kidding me!?!" I was expecting a little, tiny, itty, bitty piece of lettuce. No, the kid tried to shove a whole leaf up there. Sick!